Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mamas and Their Babies

Today, I was perusing Mamas and Their Babies in Pictures (I have included some of those here), and viewed some of the sweetest animal mamas loving their babies.

Some of them reminding me of Leslie and me when she was a little one. We went together like peanut butter and jelly; hogs and slop; bread and butter; a fluffy white cloud and a baby blue sky. I carried her perched on my hip until she was four. At that point she was almost bigger than me, so I had to give it up!

Yes, at times, it was tiring. But I loved her so much (and still do); walking barefoot over hot coals would have seemed like a walk in the park when doing it for her.

Mamas love their babies.

After beholding some of the nurturing photos, I came upon a tigress looking as if someone had threatened her young cub. On the surface, um, not a loving sight. Nope, not one little bit.

Motherhood is randomly etched with very fine lines. Knowing when to and when to not cross those almost invisible plumb lines can be most bewildering.

And when you find yourself the mother of a developmentally delayed child, the ante is upped one hundred percent.

So… what’s a girl to do?

Pray, pray, pray! Sometimes the gleaned answers are unexpected. Causing us mothers to move outside our comfort zones. And believe me, I LOVE my comfort zone.

We are asked to go to bat for our children when we would rather sit tight and “wait on the Lord”. I like that phrase – wait on the Lord. It just rolls off the tongue. Don’t you think?

Just recently I found myself sitting in the lap of Jesus relishing in that very phrase when, out of nowhere, He stood up and I hit reality with a boom! “Go. Say what I tell you to say. I will be there with you.”


Whew! You can imagine my response. “Yes, sir!” I said, as I stood rubbing my backside. “But… I was just thinking. Wouldn’t it be more effective if you said it and I sort of hung out there for You?” I’m not sure, but I think He chucked just before He gave me a gentle push.

I love that Man, God, King! And I gotta tell ya, it was for Him that I obeyed. My Leslie’s sweet spirit is enough to cause me to do just about anything on her behalf. So you can imagine how much I love my Jesus. I hope beyond hope that, if it came down to it, I would have the courage to die for Him.

What He was asking me to do was huge, but compared to what He did for me and Leslie (suffering on the cross), it was a tiny drop in the ocean.

I obeyed Him. Now I just wait for the results. Whatever that might be.

Please join me this week in praying for Leslie’s future. May it, above all, honor and glorify the King!

Until Next Time!
Love and Blessings, Laura K.

No comments:

Post a Comment