Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Truck and The Sippy Cup

This is a picture of my nephew, Isaac, just after his adenoid removal surgery. The look on his precious face makes me smile every time I look at it. He looks so satisfied. His mother, Joanna, told me, “Yep, he had his truck, his Sippy cup and he was good to go.”

Wow! Can you imagine the joy we could have if all we needed was a cup and a toy truck?

This really got me thinking. What two things could I rest in?

Dare I honestly proclaim to you today, “Yep, I’ve got Jesus, and the Word of God and I’m good to go”?

I so wish I could. And at the beginning of each day that is a very real statement. Yet, as the day progresses, my arms get loaded down with numerous, unnecessary things.

Worries, fear, heartbreak, selfishness, chores, work, wants, needs, and the list just goes on and on.

So… what’s a girl to do?

Let’s climb into the lap of Jesus together. 

Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king’s palace, across from the king’s house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house, facing the entrance of the house. Ester 5:1

Have you ever imagined that you are dressed in your royal robes as you come to Jesus?

I have. Sometimes I even imagine that I am standing in His royal court. He beckons me to come. I get so excited and giddy I almost trip over the jewel-toned, iridescent fabric in my haste, hoisting it up as I plop down in His lap.

The royal daughter is all glorious within the palace; her clothing is woven with gold. Psalm 35:14

Wow!

You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. Isaiah 62:3

Euphoria does not even begin to explain my joy!

Then, He speaks to me.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Psalm 37:23

Uphold my steps in Your paths, that my footsteps may not slip. Psalm 17:5

Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad. Psalm 12:25

A man has joy by the answer of his mouth, and a word spoken in due season, how good it is! Psalm 15:23

Yet, I leave my Lord’s lap to drudge on with my menial life, allowing every vexation to knock “the truck and Sippy cup” out of my hands.

So… I have a proposition for you. Let’s make a pact. We will make it a point to remind ourselves at least five times throughout the day of who we are in Jesus.

Swish that imaginary gown, straighten that crown, and speak those royal words to the nations! (Or… well, your neighborhood, place of business… J)

Can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Hmm, Now I have to come up with some princely scriptures for Isaac!

Until next time!

Love and Blessings, Laura K.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that is my very predicament each and every day. My heart longs to spend more time with God, but I'm so easily distracted just with life, all the things that need to be done. Of course, it's true that we make time for the things we really want to do, so there goes that excuse...

    Your nephew looks like Trevor to me, so of course I think he is absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete