Monday, April 4, 2011

Run and Win!

This picture is taken from what some call the “Toughest Race on Earth" - a grueling six-day, 150 mile trek across the Sahara desert.

Even though the most skilled runners found that they could only run downhill for short periods of time, they were glad they came.  The amazing setting was well worth the effort.

This picture and my S.S. lesson this week got me thinking about “tough races”.  I have found that our time here on earth seems to make the most sense when compared to a race.  Of course, I’m not the first one to make this comparison.

In 1 Corinthians 9:24, Paul said, “Remember that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you will win.”

Think about that – You must win.  God wants us to win.  He never intended for us to run our race and lose.  I love that! And, it is my personal belief that if we set out to win, we will notice the amazing setting, and it will be well worth our effort.

So let’s suit up today in our running attire, and set out to win.

Love and Blessings, Laura K.


No comments:

Post a Comment